Indian Railways Time Table
Why to look for Indian Railways time table?
Wondering, what is the reason behind looking for Indian Railways time table? In India, the best way to travel from one city/state to other is via trains. Indian Railways has such a large network spread all across the world and is known to be very efficient and promising means of transport. One cannot really imagine the number of trains running each day. And the task of seeking the right kind of train for your travel could be an annoying task. To be aware of the fact, which train runs from where, at what time and on which date, it is advisable to look for the Indian Railways time table.
First of all, make sure that there are different types of passenger trains that Indian Railways has been operating. The different categories of the passenger based trains are local trains, intercity trains, express trains, super fast trains, Rajdhani, Duronto and Shatabdi. You can check up and have a look at the Indian Railways time table online and figure out the number of trains running from one particular destination to other. It will help you to go through the list of trains passing through the route. The timings are also reflected. Every passenger train doesn't run on daily basis, so you can even figure out the days in which those trains have been running.
If you already know from which train you want to travel, you can just put the train name or number at online time table and it will let you know about all the relevant details of that train that you must know before booking tickets. Adding to this, it provides an amazing experience to passengers during the travel by providing them good quality food at affordable prices. Along with providing excellent lip smacking food, it intends to proffer passengers travelling experience better and more at ease by helping passengers in using other services as well including time table, seat availability in trains, check pnr status and more. There are many benefits that you can gain by checking online time table of Indian Railways like be aware of the arrival time and departure time of trains, entire route covered by the train, information on rules, policies and fares, changes in the route of train (if there is any) and more. Adding to this, you can even compare ticket discounts and prices by looking time table, unlike phone bookings or enquiring at railway counters. The online time table available assures availability of information on which you can rely upon. The prime benefit is that one can reserve tickets even at the last minute prior to the preparation of final chart and tickets can be booked just by sitting as per the convenience of passengers at home or office. Advanced technology has actually enabled prompt and genuine information about trains available within seconds. So, make sure to be updated, know about everything and enjoy your favourite food meal while travelling in trains. Have a safe journey!
Finding the train of your choice made easy
The best way to travel from one region to another when it comes to India is by taking the train. This manually operated system is one of the most efficient in the world. In fact, it is one of the largest networks of railways that operates in the entire continent. Well, one can just imagine then how many trains run in a day throughout the country. The task of finding the right kind of passenger train for your travel can be an overwhelming task. So, how do you figure out which train is the one for you?
To get to know, which train is from which place to where, on which date, and at what time, you have the railway time table. However, time tables can also get a little bit confusing from time to time, especially if you do not have a clear about the trains that run across the terrain of this country.
Here are a few tips that will help you along the way.
Different types of trains
First and foremost, you need to remember that there are various types of passenger trains that the India Railways operates. The main differences are based on the nature of the journey. Let's take a look at some of the different types of passenger trains that are operational in India today:
1. Local Trains:These are the trains that ply within a particular city or state. For example, the Sonarpur Local runs from Sealdah to Sonarpur in West Bengal. This train makes a few trips in one day and helps in the daily commute. If you do not mind crowded compartments and want to travel from one part of the city to another, then this is one of the fastest options. There is no question of reserving your seats here. All you need to do is buy a ticket from the counter, check the chart for timings and board the train for your destination.
2. Intercity Trains:These trains travel from one city to another in a single day. They will go from one city say Bangalore to another say Ernakulam, in a day. For these trains, you need to make reservations. If you want to travel from one city to another, then check the railway chart for their timings and book your tickets accordingly.
3. Express Trains:If you are in for long distance travel, may it be overnight or not, the Express trains are the best. They have an average speed of 36 kms/hr and have numerous halts along the way. Some of the most popular express trains are Jan Shatabdi, Rajya Rani, and Vivek Express. While the Jan Shatabdi is not meant for overnight travel, and hence, only has AC and Non-AC chair car, there are only four trains that operate under the Vivek Express.
4. Super-Fast Trains:Trains that run with an average speed of around 60 kms/hr with lesser number of stops than Express trains, are known as Superfast trains. These too like the Express trains have two subcategories like the Mail and Sampark Kranti. The Mail trains travel really long distances like from Howrah to Mumbai or Howrah to Kalka, etc. and are named accordingly. They are quite easy to figure out when looking at a railway time table. The Sampark Kranti connects different parts of the country with its capital.
5. Rajdhani:One of the best trains that operate under the Indian Railways is the Rajdhani. These trains from select metro cities, connecting one directly to New Delhi. It has only two or three stops along the way and is one of the fastest ways to reach New Delhi.
6. Duronto:These are also extremely fast trains with a lesser number of stops than the Rajdhani. It too connects one with the capital. Its speed is at par with that of the Rajdhani.
7. Shatabdi:One of the fast running trains, connecting various metro cities is the Shatabdi. If you want to travel long distance and that too fast, then the Shatabdi is the best train for you.
Now that you know the various types of trains so the next time when you look at a railway time table, you will not feel so confused. You know now which train is best for which kind of travel, and hence, you can make your bookings accordingly.
How to look up the railway time table?
Suppose you want to travel from Delhi to Mumbai. You know the date on which you want to travel and want to find out which trains will be running that day. You can now take a look at the time table online, thanks to TravelKhana!
TravelKhana provides you with an option to look up the trains that run from one destination to another. All you have to do is provide the place from where you will be travelling and your destination. It will provide you with a list of trains that pass through this route. Their timings will also be displayed. Not every passenger train runs on a daily basis, and hence, the days of the week on which they are operational will also be highlighted. If you already have a preference and want to take that particular train, then you can insert the train number, and it will provide you with all the necessary details of the train that you need to know before booking a ticket.
Plan it right from the start with TravelKhana
TravelKhana provides you with an unbelievable culinary experience during your travel. It gives you the option of choosing any dish you like from one their listed restaurants, and it will be delivered to you at your desired station. Do make sure that this station will fall on your route of travel and is a scheduled stop. Not only food for your travel, but TravelKhana also intends on making your travelling experience better and more comfortable by providing you with an option of checking out the time table to know the available trains. You can also check your booking status with TravelKhana!
If you want to make your travelling comfortable and satisfying for your taste buds, well then make TravelKhana your partner.
Find Train Schedule Using Time Table Online
Indian Railways is a huge network of trains serving all corners of the country. Most people prefer travel by Railways as it is cheap and convenient.
Everyday, Indian trains cart millions of travellers across the length and breadth of the country. Making this humongous network to work in clockwork precision is indeed tough.
Also, if you are a traveller -Indian or foreign, you may want to plan your journey much in advance due to the tremendous rush for tickets, especially in the holiday season.
Thankfully the arrival of the online reservation system has made smooth the process of booking tickets. One does not have to undergo tension to book tickets any more.
To help you plan your journey, the online railway time table comes to your rescue. All the information you need is available in online railway time tables. You can find at irctc.com or travelkhana.com. The train schedules are available to you at the click of a button, and you can plan your journey in a simple and efficient manner.
The online railway time table has ensured that you have valuable information that can be relied upon. The major advantage with online timetable is that one can reserve tickets the last minute before final charts for reservation have been prepared. The tickets can be booked in the comfort of your home and only printouts are needed. No need to wait in serpentine queues at the railway station. Modern technology has enabled quick and reliable information about trains at your fingertips.
How to look for trains running from one destination to other with TravelKhana?
Right here at Travelkhana.com, you can find train schedules and trains between stations. The process of using the train timetable is simple:
Suppose you want to travel from Mumbai to Delhi. You have decided the date on which to travel and want to find suitable trains. In the boxes given above:
- Enter the boarding station and destination station
- Click 'Search.'
Result: A list of trains travelling this route and their timings will pop up. Also, it will display the dates on which the train will be available. This is because all trains will not run on all days.
How To find details of preferred train with TravelKhana?
If you have a preference for a particular train, then
- Enter the train number in the box given above
- Click 'Search.'
Result: It will provide you all details of the train you need before booking a ticket.
The main advantage with using online time table is that you can compare ticket prices and discounts unlike railway counter or phone booking. So, if every penny counts in your case, an online time table will help you plan everything well in advance.
Advantages of online time table:
- One can know the arrival and departure of trains
- One can know the route covered by the train
- One can plan journey much in advance with information on rules and fares.
- Changes in train schedules will be included.
But seasonal changes in train schedule may cause problems. Cancellation of trains due to natural disasters and striking staff may not be intimated in time. This depends on the capability of a site like travelkhana.com.