Indian Railways Time Table
Finding the train of your choice made easy
The best way to travel from one region to another when it comes to India is by taking the train. This manually operated system is one of the most efficient in the world. In fact, it is one of the largest networks of railways that operates in the entire continent. Well, one can just imagine then how many trains run in a day throughout the country. The task of finding the right kind of passenger train for your travel can be an overwhelming task. So, how do you figure out which train is the one for you?
To get to know, which train is from which place to where, on which date, and at what time, you have the railway time table. However, time tables can also get a little bit confusing from time to time, especially if you do not have a clear about the trains that run across the terrain of this country.
Here are a few tips that will help you along the way.
Different types of trains
First and foremost, you need to remember that there are various types of passenger trains that the India Railways operates. The main differences are based on the nature of the journey. Let's take a look at some of the different types of passenger trains that are operational in India today:
1. Local Trains:These are the trains that ply within a particular city or state. For example, the Sonarpur Local runs from Sealdah to Sonarpur in West Bengal. This train makes a few trips in one day and helps in the daily commute. If you do not mind crowded compartments and want to travel from one part of the city to another, then this is one of the fastest options. There is no question of reserving your seats here. All you need to do is buy a ticket from the counter, check the chart for timings and board the train for your destination.
2. Intercity Trains:These trains travel from one city to another in a single day. They will go from one city say Bangalore to another say Ernakulam, in a day. For these trains, you need to make reservations. If you want to travel from one city to another, then check the railway chart for their timings and book your tickets accordingly.
3. Express Trains:If you are in for long distance travel, may it be overnight or not, the Express trains are the best. They have an average speed of 36 kms/hr and have numerous halts along the way. Some of the most popular express trains are Jan Shatabdi, Rajya Rani, and Vivek Express. While the Jan Shatabdi is not meant for overnight travel, and hence, only has AC and Non-AC chair car, there are only four trains that operate under the Vivek Express.
4. Super-Fast Trains:Trains that run with an average speed of around 60 kms/hr with lesser number of stops than Express trains, are known as Superfast trains. These too like the Express trains have two subcategories like the Mail and Sampark Kranti. The Mail trains travel really long distances like from Howrah to Mumbai or Howrah to Kalka, etc. and are named accordingly. They are quite easy to figure out when looking at a railway time table. The Sampark Kranti connects different parts of the country with its capital.
5. Rajdhani:One of the best trains that operate under the Indian Railways is the Rajdhani. These trains from select metro cities, connecting one directly to New Delhi. It has only two or three stops along the way and is one of the fastest ways to reach New Delhi.
6. Duronto:These are also extremely fast trains with a lesser number of stops than the Rajdhani. It too connects one with the capital. Its speed is at par with that of the Rajdhani.
7. Shatabdi:One of the fast running trains, connecting various metro cities is the Shatabdi. If you want to travel long distance and that too fast, then the Shatabdi is the best train for you.
Now that you know the various types of trains so the next time when you look at a railway time table, you will not feel so confused. You know now which train is best for which kind of travel, and hence, you can make your bookings accordingly.
How to look up the railway time table?
Suppose you want to travel from Delhi to Mumbai. You know the date on which you want to travel and want to find out which trains will be running that day. You can now take a look at the time table online, thanks to TravelKhana!
TravelKhana provides you with an option to look up the trains that run from one destination to another. All you have to do is provide the place from where you will be travelling and your destination. It will provide you with a list of trains that pass through this route. Their timings will also be displayed. Not every passenger train runs on a daily basis, and hence, the days of the week on which they are operational will also be highlighted. If you already have a preference and want to take that particular train, then you can insert the train number, and it will provide you with all the necessary details of the train that you need to know before booking a ticket.
Plan it right from the start with TravelKhana
TravelKhana provides you with an unbelievable culinary experience during your travel. It gives you the option of choosing any dish you like from one their listed restaurants, and it will be delivered to you at your desired station. Do make sure that this station will fall on your route of travel and is a scheduled stop. Not only food for your travel, but TravelKhana also intends on making your travelling experience better and more comfortable by providing you with an option of checking out the time table to know the available trains. You can also check your booking status with TravelKhana!
If you want to make your travelling comfortable and satisfying for your taste buds, well then make TravelKhana your partner.