The capital city, Delhi is a city with a rich history. It has witnessed many changes over centuries. Railways form an important part of the overall transport infrastructure here. Indian railway is carrying their operations in Delhi with 3 major stations. Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station is one of them that has earner significant importance in the last 10 years thanks to the enormous traffic at the New Delhi Railway Station and the Old Delhi Railway Station. It connects all the major cities and is being developed to ease congestion on New Delhi Railway Station. There is a history as to how the railway station got its name. The station was named after the Sufi Saint Hazrat Khawaja Nizamuddin Auliya.
Hazrat Nizamuddin Auliya’s shrine is in close proximity of the western side of the Railway station.
Important information about the Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station –
The station itself is located in the south central part of Delhi and has 16 platforms extending from East to West. The reserved ticket booking counter is located at the first floor near platform number 1 as well as platform number 16. Hazrat Nizamuddin is a key interchange station for trains headed to west and central India. Nearly 150 to 200 trains operate from the station any given day, 44 of which originate or terminate there. The passenger footfall is more than two lakh passengers per day, many of them foreigners. The Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station is the origin point for many trains having destinations to major Indian cities like Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kochi, Trivandrum, Coimbatore, Jaipur, Pune, Jabalpur, Indore, Bhopal, Lucknow, Chennai, Kanyakumari, Madurai etc.
Below is list of some train services under Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station:-
- Hazrat Nizamuddin – Jabalpur Gondwana Express
- Hazrat Nizamuddin – Jabalpur Madhya Pradesh Sampark Kranti Express
- Hazrat Nizamuddin – Mumbai Central August Kranti Rajdhani Express
- Hazrat Nizamuddin – Mumbai Bandra Terminus Garib Rath Express
- Hazrat Nizamuddin – Jabalpur Mahakoshal Express
- Hazrat Nizamuddin – Kanyakumari Thirukural Express
- Hazrat Nizamuddin – Chennai Central Rajdhani Express
- Hazrat Nizamuddin – Secunderabad Rajdhani Express
- Hazrat Nizamuddin – Hyderabad Decan, Dakshin Express
- Hazrat Nizamuddin – Trivandrum Central Rajdhani Express
- Hazrat Nizamuddin – Habibganj (Bhopal) Bhopal Express
- Hazrat Nizamuddin – Gwalior – Jhansi Taj Express
- Hazrat Nizamuddin – Indore Intercity Express
- Hazrat Nizamuddin – Bangalore Rajdhani Express
The services which connects the Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway station to rest of Delhi are-
1. The metro Train Service – Pragati Maidan (5.7 Kms), Indraprashtha (6.7 Kms), ITO (4.2 Kms) and Jangpura (2.4 Kms) is nearest metro station to Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station. Pragati Maidan & Indraprashtha is best option to take metro.
2. The Bus Service – ISBT Sarai Kale Khan) is nearest bus terminal to Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station.
3. Tourist Places nearby – There are also some great tourist spots near Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station like Humayun’s Tomb (735m NW of station)
India Gate(3.7 km NW of station), National Gandhi Museum(4.3 km NW of station), Akshardham (3.6 km NE of station) ,Crafts Museum (3.1 km N of station) and the Iskcon Temple(3.5 km S of station) are some of the other close by Tourist spots.
Interestingly there are some very good restaurants near Nizamuddin railway station, some of them are –
1. Karim ‘s Hotel : The famous Karims hotel is one Delhi’s leading non vegetarian food chain with history of 150 years. They are very popular because of their exotic spices, delicate herbs with vegetables or meat. Their menu list includes delicious dishes like Shan-E-Tandoor, Shahi Dastar Khwan, Bharatia Pattal, Kababs, Murgh Ka Shorba, Mutton Yakhni, Subzi ka garam ras, tomato soup, Beverages, Ice Creams and more. Karims has a restaurant in close proximity of the Nizamuddin Railway Station.
2. Pal Refreshment Corner: (921 m SW of station) are popular because of their fast food and different chicken dishes.
3. Lazeez Darbar (538 m S of station): Well known for Old Delhi food items,They are providing delicious dishes like Chicken Malai Tikka, Chicken Gola Kebab, Chicken Lazeez Korma, Chicken Kalmi, Mutton Burrah and Lahori Chicken.
If you need great food at Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station or at any station in Indian railways network then feel free to call 8800138811 or visit us at www.travelkhana.com. TravelKhana will keep updating you about its passion around one of the greatest Railway systems of the world. If you need great food at Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station or at any station in Indian railways network then feel free to call 8800138811 or visit TravelKhana.
Want to know about how to reach Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station to Nizamuddin Dargah?
Are you planning to pay a visit to Nizamuddin Dargah from the station? Are you at the railway station and have time to visit to Dargah and then board the train? If yes, here you will get your answers for sure. The distance in between Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station and Nizamuddin Dargah is only of 3 km and in hardly 3 to 4 minutes of time, the distance could be easily covered by walk, or via auto or via a private cab or so. The Nizamuddin station is been counted among a prominent station and people in thousands are usually there on day to day basis. In case, you want to be there at Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station then do make sure to always use metro rail services as they are not only fast and quick but also meant to be make you reach there within the minimalist time that could be possible and avoiding the major traffic and rush area of the city. Indraprastha metro station is the nearest one to the Nizamuddin railway junction and from there in hardly 3 to 4 minutes of time, station could be reached and from there in maximum 5 minutes, Dargah could be reached by using any of the modes of transport like an e-rickshaw or an auto. Hope the information is clear and informative.
Want to know about how to reach Nizamuddin railway station to Jama Masjid?
If yes, here you will definitely get to know about the same for sure. In general, the distance in between Jama Masjid and Nizamuddin railway station is of 9 km or 5.6 miles and the entire distance could be covered in like maximum 10-12 minutes of time, all depending on the rush and traffic all around. Aside from this, if you want to make use of metro rail services, then certainly it is the fastest and safest means of transportation to be all around and visit places in as quickly fashion as could be possible. Take a metro from Jungpura metro station to Central Secretariat station and then take a subway to Chawri Bazaar and from there Jama Masjid is hardly at a distance of 5 to 6 minutes from there. Using metro is undoubtedly the fastest and safest means in the city as of now to go around and the best part is that the traffic gets avoided in this to the core. Aside from this, people can simply drop by to the nearest metro station of Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station and from there, hire a taxi or a private auto and get to the Jama Masjid directly. The nearest metro station to Hazrat Nizamuddin is Indraprastha station and it takes about 5 to 7 minutes from there to reach at railway station and further few minutes to Jama Masjid. Happy journey!