In case there is a failure in air conditioning facility in AC coaches in Indian Railways train, people can claim for the refund and Indian Railways assigns refund of specific fare amount. Are you travelling in an AC coach in a train? Is AC not working in the coach properly? As per Indian Railways department and IRCTC rules 2018, it is to bring into everyone’s notice that now passengers can claim a refund in case air conditioning is not working in the coach. Though, there are specific conditions that are attached with the same. Want to be aware of those conditions? Well, read on to the following and know about the pointers related to granting of refund by the department for the air conditioning facility not had been provided for the travel.
- In case the passenger has the reservation for the first class air conditioned coach, then the difference in between first class fare and AC first class fare will be credited.
- In case the passenger has the reservation for AC II tier or III tier, the difference in between AC II tier or III tier fare and the sleeper class is provided. This condition is applicable for both express train and mail train.
- In case the passenger has the reservation for AC chair car, then the difference in between AC chair car fare and second class fare is provided. This is applicable for both mail train and express train.
- In case the reservation done by the passenger is for the executive class, then the difference in between first class fare for the defined distance and the notified executive class fare for the defined segment is provided.
- In case the passenger has an e-ticket with him or her, he or she has to file TDR online up to 20 hours of time span after the actual arrival time of the train at that junction. Also, he or she needs to send along with the complaint an original certificate that is EFT/GC issued by the TTE – Ticket Checking Staff at the time of travel to the group general manager of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd., Internet Ticketing Centre, IRCA Building, State Entry Road, New Delhi – 110055 via post.
- In case the passenger has reservation that is an I-ticket then he or she needs to send the GC/EFT original copy of the certificate that is issued by the TTE – Ticket Checking Staff at the time of travel to the address as mentioned in above.
Adding to this, do understand that the Indian Railways will process the refund via TDR only and only it receives the original certificate that is GC/EFT. Then the claim will be forwarded by the department to respective zonal railways under which the failure happens. Afterwards, the amount applicable will be credited back to the account of the passenger via which the payment has been made.