Indian railways have their own style of coming up new trains to attract the tourists. Every time they came up with something new, the revenue of the tourism department increased significantly. You might have heard about the luxurious trains like “Palace on Wheels,” which is a major foreign tourist’s attraction. The only disadvantage in its case is that they are too expensive. Aiming to target the budget concerned tourists, IRCTC announced it new trains. Check out more about them here:
“Bharat Darshan”, the train, which sets its journey from Delhi to Chandigarh is another plan executed by IRCTC to attract the tourists in large numbers. The schedule, fares and rest other aspects are all directly aimed to encourage tourism in India. This train will show the might of south India to the travelers. As of now, the authorities have announced two distinct packages for this train. They are detailed below:
- The schedule for this package is made for 13 days and 14 nights. It is all set to start on February 14th and gets concluded on 27th of the same month.
- Major tourists’ attractions of this journey are Ernakulam, Goa, Padmanabhan temple in Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati balaji, Rameswaram-Ramnath temple and Kanyakumari.
- Starting from Safdarjung station, it travels through the places like Moradabad, Shahjahanpur, Lucknow, Kanpur, Jhansi, Bina and Bhopal.
- This trip is scheduled to be carried from March 16th to 28th. Spot ur train before the time runs away. It has an entire duration of 12 nights and 13 days.
- There are many places in common between the first and second trips. In this trip, notable places visited by tourists are Mysore, Bangalore and Meenakshi temple.
The two scheduled packages between Delhi and Chandigarh have an attractive price of 830 rupees per day per person. Any of the trips by this train will include confirmed tickets, accommodation, sightseeing, food and other housekeeping services.
To help the tourists in exploring the desert beauty of west India, IRCTC came up with a scheme of implementing two premier train services. The key points about these trains are listed here under:
- These semi-luxury trains with deluxe facilities will set its journey from New Delhi. The whole trip is named as “Desert Circuit” and is scheduled for 5 days.
- The Desert Circuit covers the places like Jaipur and Jaisalmer. The trip of other semi-luxury train is termed as “Heritage Circuit,” and it takes around the places like Varanasi, Kajuraho and Agra.
- On a whole, these two trains will make 8 trips in a year.
- Talking about the package prices, they are truly convincing. One can choose from a large variety of packages, and it is all set to attract tourists in a very large number.
- The package prices for the Desert Circuit range from Rs 20,000 to Rs 36, 000. The range for the Heritage Circuit is from Rs 18,000 to Rs 35,000.
- At Varanasi, the Heritage Circuit takes its passengers to Sarnath. Don’t forget to miss out the boat riding when you visit there.
IRCTC officials hope that these new initiatives could boost the tourism industry in India. The future of its plans in this context is largely based on the success of further such trains.