Indian Railways is slowly stepping ahead into the future…! You heard it right. In the recent past years, many appreciable steps were taken by the railways which are aimed to modernize the existing systems and provide utmost comfort to the passengers. The changes in this regard are not just confined to new rules and regulations. The railways are turning out to get trendier by introducing new trains with better functionalities. “Luxury”, isn’t something new to our railways. There are a few prestigious luxury trains like “Palace on wheels”, which are majorly aimed to serve foreign tourists visiting India. However, the fruits of these trains are not largely enjoyed by common people. Putting an end to this issue, the Indian railways has taken a step ahead to modernize the existing trains. As a initiative for the same, a new luxurious Indian made train, “Mahamana Express”, is all ready to set the tracks on fire. Check out the special features of this train.
- The first thing which makes you go “wow”, in this train is the modern technology that has crept into each of its coaches. Ladders are designed to climb the upper berths with ease. Snack tables are provided in the side tables. Roller blinds and venetian blinds are used to power up the windows.
- The traditional lights, which are used in regular trains are replaced by the LEDs. You can find LED reading lights, berth indicators and others in these coaches. The presence of these lights can make our night journey comfortable and safe. The toilets are designed and equipped to provide utmost comfort to the passengers. Platform washbasins, large mirrors, exhaust fans, odor control system and dust bins are featured in the toilets.
- You can witness enhanced safety features in this train. The electrical connections are no longer placed in the passenger area. Instead they are shifted to non-passenger area onto a centralized distribution board. The journey is made a lot comfortable to the mobile and laptop addicts by increasing the number of charging points on every coach.
- The train made its maiden journey on January 25th This train is scheduled to run thrice a week, that is, on Tuesdays, Thrusdays and Saturdays. Starting from Varanasi at 6:35 pm, it reaches its destination, Delhi by 8:25 am next day. From Delhi, it travels every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- A few significant stops of this train are Ghaziabad, Moradabad, Bareilly, Lucknow, Sultanpur and Janpur cities. It is to be noted that this is the only train to travel on the electrified section between the cities Moradabad and Ghaziabad.
- When it has such special features, you can’t expect the fares of the train to remain the same. To accommodate the expensive interiors, the fare of this train is hiked by 15% than regular trains. However, there is no increase of fares for unreserved class coaches. Increasing the cost in these coaches will be unfair as the number of passengers allowed to travel are far more than the available seats.
Slowly and steadily, we can find more of such trains across the country. When you are checking out for the Indian railway train schedule, have an eagle eye for these new trains.